Commentary on the relationship between artists and critics
- Evergood, Philip Howard, 1901-1973
- McCausland, Elizabeth
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Essay : 3 p. : typescript
- The first two pages of this unpublished essay detail the often antagonistic relationship between artist and art critic.
The final page is a tribute to Evergood's friend, the critic Elizabeth McCausland.
- Philip Howard Evergood. Commentary on the relationship between artists and critics, between 1910 and 1970. Philip Evergood papers, 1890-1971. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- between 1910 and 1970
- Record number
- See more items in
- Philip Evergood papers, 1890-1971
- Archives of American Art
- Art critics
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply