Commentary on the relationship between artists and critics
Social Media Share Tools
- Evergood, Philip Howard, 1901-1973
- McCausland, Elizabeth
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Essay : 3 p. : typescript
- The first two pages of this unpublished essay detail the often antagonistic relationship between artist and art critic.
The final page is a tribute to Evergood's friend, the critic Elizabeth McCausland.
- Philip Howard Evergood. Commentary on the relationship between artists and critics, between 1910 and 1970. Philip Evergood papers, 1890-1971. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- between 1910 and 1970
- Record number
- See more items in
- Philip Evergood papers, 1890-1971
- Archives of American Art
- Art critics
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.