Social Media Share Tools
- This small to medium sized orchid has sprays of flowers which range in color from red to yellow, but their shape remains the same.
- From a cultivated plant not of known wild origin
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Life Form
- Bloom Characteristics
- Semi-arching inflorescence has 30 red-orange flowers. Flowers are .4" (1 cm) across.
- Mossy forests; 985-3280ft (300-1000m)
- See more items in
- Smithsonian Gardens Orchid Collection
- Common Name
- Wenzel's Coelogyne
- Wenzel's Dendrochilum
- [vascular plants]
- Smithsonian Gardens
- Living Collections
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.