- Richard Lindner, American, b. Hamburg, Germany, 1901–1978
- The artist, 1965
- Stendahl Galleries, Hollywood, CA, to 26 December 1963
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, 26 December 1963-17 May 1966
- Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Exhibition History
- MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE ART MUSEUM, South Hedley, MA. From Pedestal to Pavement: The Image of Woman in American Art, 1 December 1975-30 January 1976.
- Published References
- CARRION, ALEJANDRO. "Richard Lindner and the Colors of Cruelty," Americas 32/4 (April 1980) ill. p. 21.
- SANCHEZ, J. and G. ORTIZ. "Richard Lindner: Fundacion March," Gal Art [Barcelona] (November 1998).
- SPIES, WERNER and CLAUDIA LOYALL. Richard Lindner: Catalogue Raisonne of Paintings, Watercolors and Drawings (New York: Prestel,1999) no. 34, p. 58.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Accession Number
- Oil on canvas
- 40 X 20 1/8 IN. (101.6 X 51.1 CM.)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- Pop Precursors
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)