All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Length of three un-cut-apart American flags with 39 stars made for the 1876 Centennial in Philadelphia. Around the border are the flags of nations that participated in the Centennial.
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Elinor Merrell
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- printed, dyed & painted textiles
- Commemorative textile
- Medium: cotton Technique: roller-printed on plain weave.
- made in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)