All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Red shawl with a dense arrangement of elongated paisley and floral motifs.
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Dorothy Franklin Rolph
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- costume & accessories
- Medium: wool Technique: embroidered on 2/2 twill weave; pieced together Label: wool embroidery on wool 2/2 twill weave; pieced together
- made in
- India for European market
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)