Donald Deskey Archive
Social Media Share Tools
- Donald Deskey, (American, 1894–1989)
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Project files contain magazine and newspaper clippings, reviews, correspondence, renderings, floor plans, perspective drawings, site plans, sketches, preliminary drawings, patents, stationery, labels, and technical reports. There is an extensive collection of photographs and slides of many of Deskey's packaging designs, interiors, furnishings, and exhibition installations. The files of Donald Deskey Associates include organizational charts, client lists, proposals and financial records. Some of Deskey's personal correspondence, speeches, articles, and family photographs are included. Materials cover the period from 1927-1975.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Donald Deskey
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Object Name
- magazine and newspaper clippings, reviews, correspondence, renderings, floor plans, perspective drawings, site plans, sketches, preliminary drawings, patents, stationery, labels, technical reports, photographs, and slides.
- 54 cu. ft.
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Archives Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.