Water color; Two peasants dancing to the music of bagpipe and horn
- Saverio della Gatta, Italian, 1777 - 1829
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Horizontal rectangle. Two male peasants dance in front of a cask (butt), upon which a man sits, a boy stands. A man blows a bagpipe, another a recorder. Two women stand; a third sits looking on at right. Mountainous country with a town at right. Framing lines. Signature: "Gatta 1827."
- Credit Line
- Gift of Eleanor and Sarah Hewitt
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Pen and black ink and water colors on wove paper.
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.