Children Swimming in the Summer
Social Media Share Tools
- Ando Hiroshige, Japanese, 1797–1858
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Colorful clouds incept this summer scene. Children are swimming and playing in the indigo blue waters, as parents and family leisurely watch along the shore. This joyous scene is secretly tucked within two mountains, which are alive with bright green trees and grasses.
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Estate of Mrs. Robert H. Patterson
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Object Name
- Woodblock print in colored ink on paper
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Drawings, Prints, and Graphic Design Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.