Social Media Share Tools
- Mrs. Abram S. Hewitt, (American, 1830–1912)
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Crozier posts include panelled top rail and slat carved in form of an eagle with wings outspread. Slip seat covered in horsehair. Flat front legs are moulded on front surface and are sharply curved. Rear legs are sharply curved as well.
- Credit Line
- Gift of Eleanor and Sarah Hewitt from the collection of Mrs. Abram S. Hewitt
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Decorative Arts
- carved mahogany
- H x W x D: 86 x 46.5 x 40cm (33 7/8 x 18 5/16 x 15 3/4in.)
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Product Design and Decorative Arts Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.