Social Media Share Tools
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Rectangular open back; top rail composed of two swags centering a bowknot. Posts are carved with pendant garlands. The splat is an obelisk-form surmounting a square rosette. Front role of upholstered seat is carved with ribbons and pendant swags. Front legs are square, tapered and fluted; rosettes at knees.
- late 18th century
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Decorative Arts
- Fruit wood and elm
- H x W x D: 94 x 50 x 41.5 cm (37 x 19 11/16 x 16 5/16 in. )
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Product Design and Decorative Arts Department
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.