Cathedral Window Quilt
- Viola Canady
- Brightly colored fabrics are set within a matrix of black cloth, rendering vividly the effect of a stained glass window. Viola Canady, a gifted quilter, often applied her skill to spiritual themes and used quilting to build community. She founded the Washington, DC quilting guild Daughters of Dorcas and Sons, which taught and shared a love of quilting in local schools, hospitals and community centers.
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- cotton, polyester, batting
- 28 1/2 × 24 1/2 in. (72.4 × 62.2 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.