All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Cathedral Window Quilt
- Brightly colored fabrics are set within a matrix of black cloth, rendering vividly the effect of a stained glass window. Viola Canady, a gifted quilter, often applied her skill to spiritual themes and used quilting to build community. She founded the Washington, DC quilting guild Daughters of Dorcas and Sons, which taught and shared a love of quilting in local schools, hospitals and community centers.
- Accession Number
- Viola Canady
- Restrictions & Rights
- cotton, polyester, batting
- 28 1/2 × 24 1/2 in. (72.4 × 62.2 cm)
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (Object Detail Text)