Canuck Yankee Lumberjack at Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Marsden Hartley, American, b. Lewiston, Maine, 1877–1943
- Estate of the artist
- Paul Rosenberg & Co., New York, to 31 January 1959
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, 31 January 1959-17 May 1966
- Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Exhibition History
- PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART. " Cezanne and Beyond," 22 February-31 May 2009.
- METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART, New York. "Marsden Hartley's Maine," 15 March-18 June 2017, no. 108, p. 122; color ill. p. 123. Tour: COLBY COLLEGE MUSEUM OF ART, Waterville, Maine, 8 July-12 November.
- Published References
- TRUETTNER, WILLIAM H. and ROGER B. STEIN, eds. "Picturing Old New England: Image and Memory," (Washington, DC; New Haven and London: National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution; Yale University Press, 1999), fig. 218.
- LAMPERT, CATHERINE. Peter Doig (New York and London: Michael Werner Gallery, 2018), fig. 6 (color), p. 15.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1966
- Accession Number
- Oil on fiberboard
- 40 1/8 x 30 in. (101.9 x 76 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- Early American Modernism
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)