Camera, Aerial, F-1
- Fairchild Aerial Camera Corp.
- Physical Description
- Tapered box with 2 handles, lens and sight.
- Negative film size 13 x 18cm
- Focal length of lens 50cm
- The F-1 is a rapid action, semi-automatic camera used for oblique photography and intelligence purposes. It is hand-held and the film is drawn into position by rotating the right hand grip. The camera was often used for high altitude photography of military installations and bombing practices.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the U.S. Navy
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- stainless,white metal, glass, wood, brass
- 3-D: 55.9 x 29.2 x 21.6cm, 83.5kg (22 x 11 1/2 x 8 1/2 in., 184lb.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)