Camera, Aerial, F-1
Social Media Share Tools
- Fairchild Aerial Camera Corp.
- Physical Description
- Tapered box with 2 handles, lens and sight.
- Negative film size 13 x 18cm
- Focal length of lens 50cm
- The F-1 is a rapid action, semi-automatic camera used for oblique photography and intelligence purposes. It is hand-held and the film is drawn into position by rotating the right hand grip. The camera was often used for high altitude photography of military installations and bombing practices.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from the U.S. Navy
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- stainless,white metal, glass, wood, brass
- 3-D: 55.9 x 29.2 x 21.6cm, 83.5kg (22 x 11 1/2 x 8 1/2 in., 184lb.)
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.