Camcorder, Canon L1A, Shuttle
- Canon Camera
- This Canon L1A Hi 8mm format video camera with interchangeable lenses was used aboard Space Shuttle flights in the 1990s until at least 1996. Astronauts used the cameras to image the external tank, film crew activities, capture video of Earth, and document any onboard technical problems or anomalies. These cameras took the place of 16mm motion picture cameras used previously. In 1999 a similar digital version of the camera flew aboard the Shuttle for the first time.
- NASA has transferred various cameras and lenses to the Museum in 2005 when they were no longer needed for missions in space.
- Credit Line
- Transferred from NASA, Johnson Space Center.
- Inventory Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- plastic, velcro
- 3-D: 25 × 18 × 16cm (9 13/16 × 7 1/16 × 6 5/16 in.)
- Country of Origin
- See more items in
- National Air and Space Museum Collection
- National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC
- Moving Beyond Earth
- National Air and Space Museum
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)