All Smithsonian museums in Washington, D.C., including the National Zoo, and in New York City continue to be closed to support the effort to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Bolton Brown transcript of a letter to Eddie Brown
- Brown, Bolton, 1864-1936
- Brown, Bolton
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 12 p. : handwritten, ill. ; 27 x 21 cm.
- The letter to Brown's brother Edmund is dated 1887 July 30, but was transcribed by Brown at a later date.
Brown describes the town of Artte [?] in Switzerland where he is staying, his landlady and her family at the Gasthaus zum Engel, and his efforts to paint the surrounding countryside.
Only the last four pages of this 12 page letter have been scanned.
- Bolton Brown. Bolton Brown transcript of a letter to Eddie Brown, 1887 July 30. Bolton Coit Brown papers, 1882-1987,. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1887 July 30
- Record number
- Archives of American Art
- Illustrated letters
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply