Blank Postcard of Penguins at the Zoo
- Capitol Souvenir Company
- National Zoological Park (U.S.)
- Historic Images of the Smithsonian
- The postcard is numbered 78709. Produced by Capitol Souvenir Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
- This postcard is part of a pack of "18 Selected Post Cards 25 National Zoological Park Washington, D.C." Today there are only 15 postcards in the pack. For other postcards from this pack, see Negatives SIA2013-01238 through SIA2013-01241; SIA2013-06599 through SIA2013-06608; SIA2013-06611 through SIA2013-06624.
- Blank postcard of a group of six penguins at the National Zoological Park. The penguins are in the enclosure, parts of which can be seen containing mounds of snow. The message side is blank, but it has a printed note: "Penguin--The Flight-Less Sea Bird; their wings are incapable of flexure and in the water are used as paddles. The Penguin belongs to the Southern Hemisphere and can be found in the most desolate parts of Antarctica. They feed on fish and crustacea." The front has a white border.
- Contained within
- Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 365, Box 16, Folder: 6
- Contact information
- Institutional History Division, Smithsonian Archives, 600 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20024-2520, SIHistory@si.edu
- Standard number
- SIA2013-06609 (front) and SIA2013-06610 (back)
- Restrictions & Rights
- No restrictions
- Physical description
- Number of Images: 2; Color: Color; Size: 5.5w x 3.5h; Type of Image: Postcard; Medium: Linen
- Smithsonian Archives - History Div
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply