- Ganda artist
- Label Text
- It is the custom among several peoples in Uganda to drink beer through long straws made of soft wood. The tubes are usually partially covered in finely woven raffia with a woven filter at the bottom.
- Beer straw composed of a reed wrapped with red and brown dyed fibers and natural fibers.
- Collected Uganda, 1882
- Michael Graham-Stewart, London, -- to 1989
- Credit Line
- Acquisition grant from the James Smithson Society
- Late 19th century
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Plant fiber, reed
- H x W x D: 53.4 x 1.6 x 11.1 cm (21 x 5/8 x 4 3/8 in.)
- See more items in
- National Museum of African Art Collection
- National Museum of African Art
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.