Social Media Share Tools
- Malcolm Morley, American, b. London, England,1931–2018
- Kornblee Gallery, New York, to 8 May 1969
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn, New York, 8 May 1969-6 March 1972
- Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1972
- Exhibition History
- KORNBLEE GALLERY, New York. "Malcolm Morley," 15 February-6 March 1969.
- MILWAUKEE ART CENTER, Wisconsin. "Directions 2: Aspects of a New Realism," 21 June-10 August 1969, no. 34. Tour: CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM, Houston, 17 September-19 October; AKRON ART INSTITUTE, 9 November-14 December.
- TAMPA MUSEUM, Florida. "Family Time," 4 August-17 October 1984.
- MUSEE NATIONAL D'ART MODERNE, CENTRE GEORGES POMPIDOU, Paris. "Les annees Pop," 7 March-18 June 2001.
- HAYWARD GALLERY, London. "Malcolm Morley," 15 June-27 August 2001.
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. "Masterworks from the Hirshhorn Collection," 9 June 2016-6 August 2017, no cat.
- MUSEE NATIONAL DES BEAUX-ARTS DU QUEBEC. "America. Between Dreams and Realities: Selections from the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection," 9 June-5 September 2022, color ill. p. 33.
- Published References
- [LONSTABLE, ROSELIND. "Style of the Year: The Inhumanists," New Yorker (December 1968): p. 45.
- BECK, HEINZE. Pop-Sammlung Beck (Düsseldorf: Rheinland-Verlag, 1970): fig. 87, no. 157.
- Advertisement. Kornblee Gallery, New York. Studio International 179 (May 1970): p. iv, ill.
- TAMPA MUSEUM. The Tampa Museum News (July/August 1984): ill.
- TAMPA MUSEUM. The Tampa Museum 1984-85 School Exhibition Calendar (July/August 1984): ill.
- LOFT, KURT. "Images are big, bright and bold," Tampa Tribune (10 August 1984): ill., p. 13
- CRANE, JEANETTE. "Cassettes add dimension to Tampa Museum exhibit,"St. Petersburg Independent (6 September 1984): 2B.
- UNSIGNED. "Familiar Scene at the Hirshhorn," Daytona Beach News Journal (13 January 1985): ill.
- BRITSCH, RALPH A. and TODD A. BRITSCH. The Arts in Western Culture (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1985): fig. 16-38, p. 425
- DONAHUE, PHIL. The Human Animal (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1985): ill. p. 305
- WILLIAMS, CECIL, DAVID ARMSTRONG, and CLARK MALCOLM. The Negotiable
- Environment (Ann Arbor, Michigan: Facility Management Institute, c. 1985): ill.
- SAYRE, HENRY M. The Object of Performance: The American Avant-Garde since 1970 (Chicago and London: University of chicago Press, 1989): fig. 13, p. 42.
- WHEELER, DANIEL. Art Since Mid-Century: 1945 to the Present (New York: Vendome Press, 1991): ill. 539, p. 278.
- SEITZ, WILLIAM C. compiled and edited by MARLA PRICE. Art in the Age of Aquarius: 1955-1970 (Washington and London: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1992): colorplate 32, unpaginated.
- HIRSHHORN MUSEUM AND SCULPTURE GARDEN. Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden: 150 Works of Art (New York and Washington, DC: Harry N. Abrams and Smithsonian Institution, 1996): 122-23, colorplate.
- AQUIN, STEPHANE, et al. Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden: The Collection (New York: DelMonico Books, 2022), pl. 215, p. 239.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1972
- Accession Number
- Acrylic on canvas
- 110 × 89 7/8 in. (279.4 × 228.2 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- British Contemporary
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.