Social Media Share Tools
- Maurice Prendergast, American, b. St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, 1858–1924
- The artist
- Charles Prendergast, 1924
- Mrs. Charles (Eugenie) Prendergast, 1948
- [Wildenstein Gallery, New York?]
- [Babcock Galleries, New York, 1964?]
- Jerome Hill, by 1972
- Camargo Foundation (established by Jerome Hll and endowed with his art collection), to 2 December 1974
- Christie, Manson, and Woods, London, Sale, "Modern Paintings from the Colection of Jerome Hill, Sold by order of the Camargo Foundation," 2 December 1974
- Berry-Hill Galleries, New York, 1974-1976 (?)
- Thomas M. Evans, New York, to 17 August 1977
- Gift of Thomas M. Evans, 1977
- Exhibition History
- THE WHITE HOUSE, Washington, DC. (Office Exhibition), April 1993-April 1999.
- VICE PRESIDENT'S RESIDENCE, Washington, DC. "Extended loan to the Vice President and Mrs. Cheney at the Residence" 14 May 2001- 12 January 2009
- Published References
- *from the Catalogue Raisonne:
- CHRISTIE'S, LONDON. Modern Paintings from the Collection of Jerome Hill. Sale Cornelia (2 December 1974), #7 ill.
- *from the old Hirshhorn records:
- GOLDIN, AMY. "How Are the Prendergasts Modern?" Art in America, 1976b, p. 61, ill, p. 65.
- CLARK, CAROL, et al. Maurice Brazil Prendergast, Charles Prendergast: A Catalogue Raisonne (Williamstown, MA: Williams College Museum of Art; Munich, Germany: Prestel, 1990): cat. no. 456, p.315.
- Credit Line
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC, Gift of Thomas W. Evans, 1977
- Accession Number
- Oil on canvas
- 26 3/8 x 30 1/8 in. (67 x 76.5 cm)
- See more items in
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Collection
- American Impressionism
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.