Atlanta Constitution Owney tag
- Owney, American, c. 1888 - 1897
- Owney received this token while visiting the Atlanta Constitution, a daily newspaper. Owney frequently visited newspapers in towns (after first visiting the local post office) and was a great favorite of reporters around the country. There is no information to indicate when Owney received this tag. Atlanta, Georgia was home to several railway lines that Owney traveled.
- Object number
- Seals, Symbols & Signage
- metal (brass)
- Height x Width: 1 1/2 x 1 1/16 in. (3.81 x 2.7 cm)
- On View
- Currently on exhibit at the National Postal Museum
- National Postal Museum
- Popular Culture
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.