Association of American Painters and Sculptors Domestic Art Committee record book
Social Media Share Tools
- Association of American Painters and Sculptors (New York, N.Y.)
- Kuhn, Walt
- Armory Show (1913 : New York, N.Y.)
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Note : 25 p. : handwritten ; 15 x 31 cm.
- Written on front cover: Domestic Art Committee.
Pasted inside front cover is a typewritten memorandum, dated Jan. 18, 1913, from the Domestic Art Committee to artists who supplied their work for consideration for the Armory Show.
Handwritten identification on first page: Armory Show; work of the Committee on American Art; It was intended to show only invited work, but owing to the great demand by the uninvited a committee has formed to select from submitted work; the committee's record of rejection & selection is contained herein; W.K. [i.e. Walt Kuhn]
There follows a list of artworks organized alphabetically by artist, for each work the title and price are listed as well as an "A" for accepted or "R" for rejected.
- Association of American Painters and Sculptors (New York, N.Y.). Association of American Painters and Sculptors Domestic Art Committee record book, 1913. Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- See more items in
- Walt Kuhn Family papers and Armory Show records, 1859-1984, bulk 1900-1949
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.