Community Documentation Photographs
Social Media Share Tools
- Anacostia (Washington, D.C.)
- Adams Morgan (Washington, D.C.)
- Chinatown (Washington, D.C.)
- Maryland -- Baltimore
- Urban Development
- Urban renewal
- Portraits, Group
- Created by Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- See more items in
- Community Documentation Photographs
- Historical Note
- Since 1968, the Anacostia Community Museum's staff photographers have created a visual record of life in contemporary urban communities, including documentary photography of residents and their activities, neighborhood events and landmarks, foodways, festivals, and public spaces. Photographs in this collection were taken by Susana Raab who has worked at the Anacostia Community Museum from 2010-2019 and also maintains a personal practice.
- Since 1968, the Anacostia Community Museum's staff photographers have created a visual record of life in contemporary urban communities, including documentary photography of residents and their activities, neighborhood events and landmarks, foodways, festivals, and public spaces.
- XXX Gigabytes
- Archival Repository
- Anacostia Community Museum Archives
- Collection descriptions
- Archival materials
- Digital images
- Community Documentation Photographs, Anacostia Community Museum Archives, Smithsonian Institution.
- Collection items available for reproduction, but the Archives makes no guarantees concerning copyright restrictions. Other intellectual property rights may apply. Archives cost-recovery and use fees may apply when requesting reproductions.
- Digital images
- Use of the materials requires an appointment. Please contact the archivist at email@example.com.
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
In the Collection
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.