Allen Tupper True letter to Jane True
Social Media Share Tools
- True, Allen Tupper, 1881-1955
- True, Jane
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- Physical Description
- Letter : 1 p. : handwritten, ill. ; 22 x 14 cm.
- A letter from Colorado painter Allen Tupper True, known for his depictions of Western and Native American themes, written to his daughter Jane, while on a trip to New York. True's sketch shows his daughter skyscrapers, with an airplane flying midway and a tiny speck with an arrow to his caption: "This a lot more what New York looks like. This is me."
- Allen Tupper True. Allen Tupper True letter to Jane True, 1927. Allen Tupper True and True family papers, 1841-1987. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- New York, N.Y.
- See more items in
- Allen Tupper True and True family papers, 1841-1987
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.