All-Star Comics No. 18
- D. C. Comics, Inc.
- All-Star Comics No. 18 was published by DC Comics in the fall of 1943. The cover features members of the "Justice Society of America," including Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Hourman, Dr. Mid-Nite, Atom, Johnny Thunder, Spectre, Starman, and Sandman.
- The story of No. 18 is "Insects turn to Crime!" which featured a master criminal named the King Bee who created a race of men-insects.
- Introduced in All-Star Comics No. 3, The Justice Society of America was the first team of superheroes to be featured in comic books. The group was popular in the 1940s, and after their prominence faded a decade later several group members were reinvented and brought together again as the Justice League of America. Several Justice Society of America members went on to have their own titles, such as the Flash, the Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- Gift of Olivia V. Crisson and Phillip M.S. Crisson in honor of Peter Bozzer
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Object Name
- comic book
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- overall: 7 1/2 in x 10 in; 19.05 cm x 25.4 cm
- See more items in
- Cultural and Community Life: Entertainment
- Comic Books
- Popular Entertainment
- National Museum of American History
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)