Alice Walker, Author, Northern Calif.
Social Media Share Tools
- Photograph by
- Anthony Barboza, American, born 1944
- Subject of
- Alice Walker, American, born 1944
- Color photograph of Alice Walker leaning against a wooden bin on the porch of a house. She is in the center of the photograph wearing a blue and red patterned sweater, jeans, rubber boots, and geometric patterned head wrap. She grips the edge of the bin with her hands. On the left side of the image is a large window with a reflection of trees. On the right side of the image is an open doorway in which an interior space can be seen. The image is bordered in a narrow black line on a white background. Below the image is the title, date, and artist's signature [Alice Walker - Author- Northern, Calif - 1989/A. Barboza]. On the back is a repeating pattern of the manufacturer in gray [Kodak PROFESSIONAL/PAPER - PAPIER - PAPEL].
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Anthony Barboza
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- © Anthony Barboza
- Permission required for use. Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- inkjet prints
- ink on paper
- H x W (Sheet): 10 × 8 in. (25.4 × 20.3 cm)
- H x W (Image): 7 5/8 × 7 1/2 in. (19.4 × 19.1 cm)
- Place depicted
- California, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Media Arts-Photography
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.