Alexander Calder, Roxbury, Connecticut letter to Ben Shahn, New York, New York
Social Media Share Tools
- Calder, Alexander, 1898-1976
- Shahn, Ben, 1898-1969
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 2 p. : handwritten, ill. ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Sculptor Alexander Calder, who lives in Roxbury, Conn., writes to invite painter Ben Shahn from New York, N.Y. for a visit. The letter is illustrated with a map to Calder's house.
- Alexander Calder. Alexander Calder, Roxbury, Connecticut letter to Ben Shahn, New York, New York, 1949 February 24. Ben Shahn papers, 1879-1990. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1949 February 24
- Record number
- See more items in
- Ben Shahn papers, 1879-1990, bulk 1933-1970
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.