Albumen print of Harriet Tubman
Social Media Share Tools
- Photograph by
- Tarby Studios, American
- Subject of
- Harriet Tubman, American, 1822 - 1913
- A large albumen print of Harriet Tubman by Tarby Studios in Auburn, NY. The image is enlarged from an older print.
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Charles L. Blockson
- ca. 1908; printed ca. 1920
- Object number
- Restrictions & Rights
- Public domain
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- albumen prints
- albumen and silver on paper
- H x W: 9 7/8 x 8 in. (25.1 x 20.3 cm)
- Place captured
- Auburn, Cayuga County, New York, United States, North and Central America
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Slavery and Freedom Objects
- Media Arts-Photography
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- African American
- Social reform
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.