Advertisement for Schlitz beer from Life magazine
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- 2 clipping : ill. ; clippings 10 x 27 cm. and 24 x 18 cm., latter on sheet 28 x 22 cm.
- Advertisement features illustration of a man and a woman in an art gallery admiring a painting of a bottle of Schlitz beer. Jackson Pollock's painting Number 23, 1949 and a Mondrian painting are hanging on the adjacent wall.
Handwritten identification on front reads: Life, February 12, 1952 (advertisement). The date in the inscription may be incorrect or not refer to creation date, as the advertisement appeared in the Life issue from 21 January 1952.
- Advertisement for Schlitz beer from Life magazine, 1952. Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner papers, circa 1914-1984. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- Current copyright status is undetermined
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- Record number
- Printed Materials
- See more items in
- Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner papers, circa 1914-1984, bulk 1942-1984
- Archives of American Art
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply