Winslow Homer letter to Thomas B. (Thomas Benedict) Clarke
- Homer, Winslow, 1836-1910
- Clarke, Thomas B. (Thomas Benedict), 1848-1931
- Homer, Winslow
- Place of publication, production, or execution
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- Physical Description
- Letter : 4 p. : handwritten, ill. ; 20 x 13 cm.
- Homer tells Clarke that he has sent his painting West Point, Prout's Neck, Maine to Mr. Knoedler and that he considers it "the best that I have ever painted." He includes a small self-portrait sketch showing himself working on the painting.
- Winslow Homer. Winslow Homer letter to Thomas B. (Thomas Benedict) Clarke, 1901 Jan. 4. Winslow Homer collection, 1863-1945. Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution.
- Use Note
- U.S. public domain
- Location Note
- Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution Washington, D.C. 20560
- 1901 Jan. 4
- Record number
- Archives of American Art
- Illustrated letters
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Usage conditions apply