7c Hawaii Statehood Issue single
- The Post Office Department issued a 7-cent Hawaii Statehood commemorative airmail stamp in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 29, 1959, the date of the President's proclamation of Hawaii's admission into the Union.
- This stamp, portraying a Hawaiian warrior, a five-pointed star, and a map of the islands, is 0.84 x 1.44 inches in dimension, arranged horizontally, printed by the rotary process, electric-eye perforated, and issued in sheets of fifty. The color of the stamp is red. The POD authorized an initial printing of 90,000,000.
- Reference: Postal Bulletin, July 30, 1959.
- August 21, 1959
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (rose red); adhesive / engraving
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA C55
- National Postal Museum
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)