63c Wedding Dove single
- The Postal Service issued Our Wedding special stamps on March 1, 2006, in New York, New York. These stamps were available in two formats: a pressure-sensitive (PSA) combination booklet of forty stamps (twenty 39-cent stamps and twenty 63-cent stamps) and a PSA convertible booklet of twenty 39-cent stamps.
- Designer Michael Osborne of Berkeley, California, created the 2006 Our Wedding stamps especially for mailing wedding invitations and RSVPs. Both stamps feature an illustration of a white dove -- a time-honored symbol of peace, love, and fidelity --and a heart surrounded by calligraphic flourishes set against lightly colored background (lavender for one-ounce denomination and light green for two-ounce denomination). The stamp art is based on elegant calligraphic designs used to embellish correspondence during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., produced 200 million stamps on the offset press.
- Postal Bulletin (February 2, 2006).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- March 1, 2006
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ lithographed
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3999
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Holidays & Celebrations
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)