44c 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents' single
- On August 11, 2009, in North Hollywood, California, the Postal Service issued the 44-cent Early TV Memories commemorative stamps in twenty designs. The stamps, designed by Carl T. Herrman, commemorate twenty great shows from TV's "Golden Age."
- For more than half a century, Americans have turned to television for entertainment and information. To those watching in its early days, TV offered the additional excitement of the new. Whether laughing at the first situation comedies, tingling at crime dramas, or identifying with ordinary people who had their day in the spotlight on game shows, audiences were charmed by the novelty of the young medium.
- Ashton Potter printed 50 million stamps in a pressure-sensitive pane of twenty stamps and a booklet of twenty premium stamped postal cards. The agency used the offset process.
- Reference: Postal Bulletin (July 2, 2009)
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- August 11, 2009
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink / lithographed
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 4414o
- National Postal Museum
- Stars of Stage & Screen
- popular culture
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)