42c Hearts single
- On June 10, 2008, in Washington, DC, the Postal Service reissued Hearts special stamps. Carl T. Herrman of Carlsbad, California, designed the stamps.
- The Hearts stamps were first issued in 2007 with different background colors and different denominations. Nancy Stahl of New York, New York, based her designs on memories of a wide range of intertwined objects, including silver charms and old-fashioned garden gates. The one-ounce denomination features a light green background, and the two-ounce denomination features a pale peach background. These two stamps were available in two formats: 59-cent (2-ounce rate) pane of twenty pressure-sensitive (PSA) stamps and 42-cent (1-ounce rate) convertible booklet of twenty PSA stamps.
- One hundred million stamps were printed in the gravure process by Avery Dennison, (ARV), Clinton, South Carolina.
- Postal Bulletin (May 22, 2008).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- June 10, 2008
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (light green, white)/ lithographed
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 4271
- National Postal Museum
- Holidays & Celebrations
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)