41c Marvel Comics Superheroes pane of twenty
- On July 26, 2007, in San Diego, California, the Postal Service issued the 41-cent Marvel Super Heroes commemorative stamps in twenty designs. Carl T. Herrman of Carlsbad, California, designed the stamps.
- With these twenty colorful stamps, the Postal Service salutes several stars from the world of Marvel comics. For decades, Super Heroes have been nearly synonymous with the comic book medium. Their adventures provide an escape from the everyday and demonstrate that individuals can make a difference. Ten of the stamps on this pane show covers of classic comic books devoted to the exploits of Marvel Super Heroes. The remaining ten stamps show portraits of individual characters.
- Avery Dennison printed 250 million stamps in the gravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (June 21, 2007).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- July 26, 2007
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 4159
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)