Square lidded ritual wine container (fangyi) with taotie, serpents, and birds
- Previous custodian or owner
- Tonying and Company 通運公司 (established 1902)
- To 1930
- Tonying and Company, New York, to 1930 
- From 1930
- Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Tonying and Company, New York, in 1930 
-  Object file, undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
-  See note 1.
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment
- ca. 1050-975 BCE
- Early Western Zhou dynasty
- Accession Number
- Restrictions & Rights
- H x W x D: 35.3 x 24.8 x 23.3 cm (13 7/8 x 9 3/4 x 9 3/16 in)
- Luoyang, Henan province, China
- Related Online Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- See more items in
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Collection
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Western Zhou dynasty (ca. 1050 - 771 BCE)
- Chinese Art
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.