39c Cover of Wonder Woman single
- The Postal Service issued the 39-cent DC Comics Super Heroes commemorative stamps in 20 designs in a pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) pane of twenty stamps, on July 20, 2006, in San Diego, California. Carl T. Herrman of Carlsbad, California, designed the stamps.
- With these colorful stamps, the US Postal Service honors several stars from the world of DC Comics. Their fantastic adventures provide an escape from the everyday while simultaneously encouraging readers to feel that individuals can make a difference. The stamps feature the following characters: Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Batman, The Flash, Plastic Man, Aquaman, Supergirl and Hawkman.
- Avery Dennison manufactured the 250 million stamps in the gravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (June 22, 2006).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- July 20, 2006
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 4084m
- National Postal Museum
- Stars of Stage & Screen
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- popular culture
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)