37c Wavy Flag single
Social Media Share Tools
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- The Postal Service issued the nondenominated Wavy Flag definitive stamp (37-cent value) on June 7, 2002, in Washington, DC. The stamp, designed and illustrated by Terrence W. McCaffrey, US Postal Service, Washington, DC, features the stars and stripes of "Old Glory."
- The stamp was available in multiple formats (panes, coils, and booklets; self-stick and water-activated adhesives; offset and gravure printing methods) produced by six different printing firms. Collectors have identified six major varieties.
- Postal Bulletin (May 16, 2002)
- This Definitive Issue stamp features the red, white and blue stars and stripes of a waving United States flag.
- United States; flag; stars; stripes
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- June 7, 2002
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); self-adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 x 13/16 in. (2.54 x 2.06 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3630
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.