34c Snowboarding single
- The Postal Service issued four 34-cent Winter Sports commemorative stamps in a self-adhesive pane of twenty in Park City, Utah, on January 8, 2002. The stamps, designed by the firm of Jager Di Paola Kemp of Burlington, Vermont, went on sale nationwide January 9, 2002.
- The cold temperatures and snowy conditions that keep many inside during the winter are essential for athletes who take part in winter sports. In 2002, the Postal Service recognized the competitive drive of these athletes by issuing a pane of twenty stamps depicting four popular winter sports: figure skating, ice hockey, snowboarding, and ski jumping.
- Sennett Security Products printed 80 million stamps in the gravure process.
- Postal Bulletin (December 13, 2001).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- January 8, 2002
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3553
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Organizations & Associations
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)