33c Snowboarding single
- Avery Dennison
- Four 33-cent Xtreme Sports commemorative stamps were issued on June 25, 1999, in San Francisco, California. The stamps are designed by Carl Herrman of Laguna Niguel, California, and photographed by the following: J. Grant Brittain, skateboarding; Keith Mulligan, BMX biking; Scott Spiker, snowboarding; and Mike Powell/Allsport USA., Inc., in-line skating.
- These stamps were intended to acknowledge the rapid growth and interest in Xtreme sports in the United States. The activities in this stamp set represent four sports with uniquely American origins. Each athlete is shown with safety gear appropriate to his or her sport. These visually exciting stamp designs are based on photographs that have been digitally altered and enhanced by computer.
- 151.975 million stamps in self-adhesive panes of twenty were manufactured by Avery Dennison in the gravure process, with scrambled indicia.
- Postal Bulletin (May 20, 1999).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- June 25, 1999
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolor); self-adhesive / photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3323
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)