33c Sesame Street single
Social Media Share Tools
- Ashton-Potter USA (Ltd)
- The Celebrate The Century: 1970s souvenir sheet was issued on November 18, 1999, in New York, New York.
- Designed by Howard Paine of Delaplane, Virginia, and illustrated by Kazuhiko Sano of Mill Valley, California, the souvenir sheet features 1970s subjects from the following categories: People and Events, Arts and Entertainment, Lifestyles, Sports, and Science and Technology.
- The fifteen commemorative stamps on this sheet are titled: Earth Day Celebrated; All In The Family TV Series; "Sesame Street"; Disco Music; Steelers Win Four Super Bowls; US Celebrates 200th Birthday; Secretariat Wins Triple Crown; VCRs Transform Entertainment; "Pioneer 10"; Women's Rights Movement; 1970s Fashion; "Monday Night Football"; America Smiles; Jumbo Jets; and Medical Imaging.
- Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., printed 90 million stamps in the offset/Intaglio process.
- Postal Bulletin (October 21, 1999).
- CELEBRATE THE CENTURY
- "Sesame Street" television series character, Big Bird
- 33-cent mint single
- Issued November 18, 1999
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- November 18, 1999
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolor); adhesive
- Height x Width: 1 3/16 × 1 3/16 in. (3.02 × 3.02 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3189c
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Stars of Stage & Screen
- Family & Children
- popular culture
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.