Thursday, Jan. 20, the Smithsonian's National Zoo and D.C.–area museums will delay opening until noon.
32c Rosa Ponselle single
- Rosa Ponselle, American, 1897 - 1981
- The Postal Service issued four 32-cent Opera Singers commemorative stamps on September 10, 1997, in New York, New York.
- The stamps honor Lily Pons, Richard Tucker, Lawrence Tibbett, and Rosa Ponselle, all distinguished opera singers of the twentieth century. The stamps feature portraits of the four opera singers combined with renderings of each in costume.
- Designed by Howard Paine of Delaplane, Virginia, and illustrated by Mark English of Liberty, Missouri, the stamps were produced in panes of twenty in the offset process by Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd.
- Postal Bulletin (August 14, 1997).
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- September 10, 1997
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive / lithography
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3157
- National Postal Museum
- Music & Musicians
- Women's Heritage
- Stars of Stage & Screen
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)