32c Harriet Tubman single
Social Media Share Tools
- The Postal Service issued a 20 stamp sheet of 32-cent Civil War stamps on June 29, 1995 in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Designed by Mark Hess of Katonah, New York, the stamps are the second installment of the Classic Collection.
- Featured in the issue are: the USS Monitor and CSS Virginia, Robert E. Lee, Clara Barton, Ulysses S. Grant, the Battle of Shiloh, Jefferson Davis, David Farragut, Frederick Douglass, Raphael Semmes, Abraham Lincoln, Harriet Tubman, Stand Watie, Joseph E. Johnston, Winfield Hancock, Mary Chesnut, the Battle of Chancellorsville, William T. Sherman, Phoebe Pember, "Stonewall" Jackson, and the Battle of Gettysburg. An explanatory text is on the back of each stamp. Stamp Venturers, Inc. printed the stamps in the gravure process.
- Reference: Postal Bulletin (June 8, 1995)
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- June 29, 1995
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored)/ photogravure
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 2975k
- National Postal Museum
- Contemporary (1990-present)
- Humanitarian Causes
- Black Heritage
- Women's Heritage
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- Usage conditions apply
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.