32c Bear Bryant single
- Paul Bryant, American, 1913 - 1983
- The Postal Service honored Bear Bryant, Pop Warner, Vince Lombardi, and George Halas, four legendary football coaches, with the issuance of a pane of twenty 32-cent commemorative stamps. The pane was issued on July 25, 1997, in Canton, Ohio.
- Designed by Carl Herrman of Laguna Niguel, California, and illustrated by Daniel Moore of Birmingham, Alabama, the stamps feature portraits of college football coaches Paul William "Bear" Bryant and Glenn Scobey "Pop" Warner and professional football coaches Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi and George Stanley Halas. All are portrayed in familiar scenes associated with their careers as football coaches.
- The stamps were printed by Ashton-Potter (USA), Ltd., in the offset process.
- Postal Bulletin (June 19, 1997).
- perf. 11.2
- Credit line
- Copyright United States Postal Service. All rights reserved.
- July 25, 1997
- Object number
- Postage Stamps
- paper; ink (multicolored); adhesive / lithography
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- Scott Catalogue USA 3143
- National Postal Museum
- U.S. Stamps
- Record ID
- Usage of Metadata (Object Detail Text)
- Not determined
- GUID (Link to Original Record)