2 1/2 Dollars, Proof, United States, 1847
Social Media Share Tools
- U.S. Mint. Philadelphia
- Gobrecht, Christian
- One (1) 2 1/2 dollar coin, proof
- United States, 1847
- Obverse Image: Left facing Liberty with hair tied in a bun and wearing a coronet. 13 stars around.
- Obverse Text: LIBERTY / 1847
- Reverse Image: Eagle with wings outstretched clutching arrows and branch in talons, shield over chest.
- Reverse Text: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / 2 1/2 D.
- This coin is the only proof quarter eagle known for 1847.
- Currently not on view
- Credit Line
- U.S. Department of the Treasury, U.S. Mint
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- gold (overall metal)
- 0 (overall die axis)
- 0 (overall die axis measurement)
- struck (overall production method)
- overall: 18 mm; 23/32 in
- place of issue
- United States
- Related Publication
- Glossary of Coins and Currency Terms
- Related Web Publication
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: National Numismatic Collection
- Coins, Currency and Medals
- National Museum of American History
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage (text)
- GUID (Link to Original Record)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.