Smithsonian’s Board of Regents Names Search Committee for New Secretary
The Smithsonian’s Board of Regents has announced its committee to search for a Secretary to succeed Wayne Clough next year is under formation.
The members of the search committee are:
- John McCarter Jr. (chair of the search committee), Vice Chair of the Board of Regents and former President and CEO of The Field Museum in Chicago
- Shirley Ann Jackson (vice chair of the search committee), Regent, President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Steve Case, Regent, Chairman and CEO of Revolution; Co-Founder and Chairman of the Case Foundation; Co-Founder and former Chairman and CEO of AOL
- Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), Regent
- Sakorako “Sako” Fisher, Chair of the Smithsonian’s National Board and President of the San Francisco Symphony
- Jeffrey Minear, counselor to the Chief Justice of the United States John G. Roberts Jr., the Chancellor of the Smithsonian
- Roger W. Sant, Regent, Chair Emeritus of the Board of Regents; Co-Founder of AES Corp.; Chairman of the Board of Trustees of The Summit Foundation in Washington, D.C.
- Julian Raby, Director, the Smithsonian’s Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
The search committee will be assisted by the search firm of Russell Reynolds Associates with offices in Washington and around the world.
# # #