Desk from the Hope School
Manufactured by: A. H. Andrews & Co.,1925-1954
One of ten desks from the Hope School in Pomaria, South Carolina, a historic Rosenwald school. The Hope School was one of more than 5,000 rural schools supported by the Julius Rosenwald Fund. The museum also owns the original sign and a wood-burning stove from the school.
Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of the Hope School Community Center, Pomaria, SC