|TICKET TYPE||IMAX and Planetarium Films||New Release
|Military (must show ID)||$8.00||$14.00|
|Additional non-feature Films||$7.00||N/A|
|Reserved Groups (10-19)||$7.00||N/A|
|Reserved Groups (20 or more) one complimentary ticket per 20||$6.25||N/A|
- Admission prices are per person, per ticket. Purchase tickets in person at theater box offices, by phone or online. Prices and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Tickets are required for children ages 2 and up. Children under 2 years of age are free.
- Admission to 10:30 AM screenings of "The Stars Tonight," "What's New in Space Science," "One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure" in the Albert Einstein Planetarium are free. Free tickets for these programs are distributed at the Einstein Planetarium and Lockheed Martin IMAX Theater Box Offices at the National Air and Space Museum on a first come, first served basis. Online tickets are not available for these show.
- Feature films are defined as films with running times of 60 minutes or more. *Complimentary ticket not valid for feature films.
- Additional non-feature films may be added for $6. Valid after/with the purchase of any IMAX film or planetarium show. The $6 rate is valid within one week of the additional full-price purchase. Proof of original purchase is required. May not be applied to the same show as the original purchase. Not available for internet sales, simulator rides or feature-length films. May not be used with any other discount or promotion.
- The Smithsonian Member rate is not available for online sales. Smithsonian membership card must be provided when purchasing tickets.
- The group rate is available for parties of 10 or more. Advance purchase is required. Visit www.si.edu/groupsales or call
866-868-7774 for more information.
- Detailed online purchasing instructions (PDF)
- Additional processing fees apply to internet and telephone purchases.
- Theater box offices open daily at 10 AM and close after the start of the last scheduled show. The Group Sales office operates weekdays daily from 10 AM to 5 PM.
- Smithsonian museums and theaters are open every day, except December 25.
- All tickets are general admission. Assigned seating is not available.
- No refunds or exchanges.
Take your friends and family on new adventures.
Groups of 10 or more that book in advance receive discounted admission to our theaters and one complimentary ticket for every 20 tickets purchased. (excludes bulk vouchers). Advanced sales only, not valid on same day purchases. Educators guides and standards of learning are available for select films. Additional discounts available for Title One schools. Restrictions apply.
Groups of 10 or more can purchase bulk, prepaid vouchers good for any daytime educational show at any one of our three IMAX theaters and planetarium.
Movies on Demand
Arrange a special morning screening with our Movie's on Demand packages. Choose from any of the films in our IMAX and Planetarium Adventure Library, and screen the film before the museum doors open to the public. IMAX and Planetarium On Demand screenings are offered for groups of 50 or more (80 for Title 1 schools) every morning around 9:15 am (start times vary based on location). Minimum one-week notice is required to book dates and choice of films are subject to availability.