Freer Gallery of Art: Courtyard Garden

Reopening TBD – Permanent

 Italian Renaissance style museum and courtyard

Smithsonian Gardens
Smithsonian museum grounds
Washington, DC

3rd Floor, center courtyard

The Courtyard Garden is an elegantly designed outdoor space that invites relaxation and quiet contemplation within the gallery. In 1906, Charles L. Freer, a Detroit railroad-car manufacturer, donated his exceptional collection of Asian art and works by James McNeil Whistler to the people of the United States.