Thursday, Jan. 20, the Smithsonian's National Zoo and D.C.–area museums will delay opening until noon.
National Museum of Natural History
10th St. and Constitution Ave., NW
1st Floor, Northwest Wing (Halls 11 & 12) Floor Plan
This major exhibition hall focuses on the story of human origins and probes the ecological and genetic connections that human beings have had with the natural world over time. It examines the shared framework of humankind—the biological and cultural history we all share—as well as the differences that exist and preoccupy us today.
- An amphitheater show featuring One Species Living Worldwide
- "Changing the World," a special gallery where visitors can address pressing questions and issues surrounding climate change and humans' impact on the Earth
- Interactive snapshots in time using the actual field site where research is being conducted
- An interactive human family tree showcasing 6 million years of evolutionary evidence from around the world
- A time tunnel depicting life and environments over the past 6 million years